Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

FLY UP THERE

In the long,dark, lonely corridor of an old bunglow
I found reflections
Reflections that spoke words
That I couldnt hear
The majestichills that standfacing it,
Have continued this silentrendezvous
For a hundred and fifty years.
Ans, i couldnt wait,
For that long.
Someday I'll fly up there -
Touch the masquerading clouds;
And sit on the tallest tree
Weaving mundane dreams
Of, probably, walking on the soil again!
I'll fly down to the stream there,
And also to that abandoned hut on the hill-top
Nobody will stop me
When I'll free myself from my body
I'll have a race with the birds then,
And even scare
The little kids that play there.
I'llnever be me
And i'll continue with uninterrupted glee.
I'll be free one day.
I'll belong to the hills someday.

3 comments:

  1. Hey amrita...i never knew u r such a deep thinker !! good job gurl!!! i like this one particularly because i also feel d same sometimes but never could put it into words...good imagination and i liked how u started d poem with a lonely corridor of an old bunglow !! good work..keep it up !!! waiting for some more good pieces !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! this one's about a quaint old (150 yeard old to be precise!!) circuit house on a hill-top in haflong. and haflong again is the only hill station in assam

    ReplyDelete